I know when someone asks if you want a boy or a girls you are just supposed to say "As long as it's healthy, I'll be happy." Well, true to a point. Of course I hope for a healthy baby, but I really, really wanted a boy. For SO many reasons. One, I think it's nice to have the same gender right next to each other. It makes it easier to share clothes. We don't have to buy new bedding or car seats or anything like that. It's easier to have them share a room. It is probably easier for them to play together. I know if we were having a girl Warren wouldn't play dolls with her. These two will have a lot of fun playing trucks and cowboys and Indians.
I have always known I was going to be a mother of boys. I am way more into sports than dance. I don't know how to do hair. The frills of baby girls are fun, but I don't know how well I would do with the emotions of a girl when she gets older. I know I would adapt. I hope for Andrew's sake we get a girls at some point because he really wants a girl. For now, we are THRILLED that baby #2 is a boy!
We LOVE Fetal Foto. Since I have never been a patient person, it's perfect for me. You can find out the sex of the baby at 14 weeks. Plus you get all sorts of pictures and a DVD. Worth every penny if you ask me. I love to make plans for our new little person. I think it spreads out the excitement too. It's exciting to find out what kind of baby you are having now. At 18 weeks you get to verify. And when the baby is born you get the excitement of counting toes, fingers and checking to make sure all their parts are in the right place.
I am so happy that this was a good post. I feel like lately I have been making grumpy posts, so it was a nice change for me to write with excitement.
I put this on my other blog, but here it is again so I have it all in one place:
Last night was so much fun in so many ways. Of course it was amazing to see out little squirt on the big screen. To be quite honest though, the best part was my little Warren, standing on a stool next to the bed holding my hand. He seemed a little concerned because he didn't really know what was going on. He kept asking "mommy, are you ok?" The best part came when we said "Warren, you are going to have a brother!" He put both arms in the air and jumped off the stool with such joy yelling "yeah, a brother. brother, yeah!"
It may be hard to tell on these pictures, but it is FOR SURE a boy. He was super proud of himself too. Kept spreading eagle to make sure we knew there were spare parts there. He was thrilled to show his manhood. It was almost like watching Warren's ultra sound again. I think they are going to be so much alike!


I can't wait to have our ultrasound, but we aren't finding out the sex this time. YIKES!
ReplyDeleteboys are fun. your warren is all boy. think of all the fun they will have together!
ReplyDelete