Q. If I lift something heavy (like my 35 lb. 2 year old) will it cause harm to the baby, or just me?
A. It won't hurt the unborn baby. It could just cause me to pull something and put me in bed, so be careful. How do I not life my little angel when he's looking up at me with massive blue eyes saying "hold you mommy, hold you!"
Q. How much Diet Coke can I really drink??
A. His answer was actually funny. "You tell me how much you want and I'll tell you if it's too much." I told him when I'm not pregnant I can easily do 6-10 a day. He said it really won't harm the baby at this point. Where it can cause problems is in the beginning where it can cause miscarriages. Now that I am well beyond that point, 2-3 is fine. If I have a bad day and need 4 we will all be ok. Fabulous news!
Q. You said you would deliver me at least a week early... what are the chances it can be sooner? I have a golf tournament to get to.
A. Again, with a chuckle.... we may be able to fib it a day or two more. So in my mind what he said is plan on it.
Q. How long after the surgery/delivery before I can drive?
A. 2 weeks..... followed up by another question from me?
Q. How strict is that rule?
A. Why, do you have somewhere you need to go?
Me: Yes, the Utah Open.
So to sum up the delivery/ drive thing.... I should be able to go to the Utah Open if all goes as planned.
Q. I am having a tough time breathing. Especially when I yawn it sounds like I am choking to death. Is that weird?
A. No. Your baby is already 15" long and your uterus is the size of a basketball. It tends to crowd your lungs.
Q. Is it possible this baby has already taken up residency in my ribs... I still have 3 months to go you know.
A. Yes, he is making his way there. He if facing up and down as opposed to sideways. SO, no wonder I can't slouch or breath or get comfortable no matter what I do.
He also told me about labor pains... since I have never felt real labor. With Warren my water broke 2 weeks early. So I was medicated before it all really started. Granted, I was in labor for 22 hours and my epidural wore off a couple of times, but I have never been at home or away from a hospital experiencing true labor. I never even had those Braxton Hicks things with Warren. He told us what to look for....... weird to be thinking about that already.
On our way out they gave me a bag with a bunch of info on pregnancy, nursing yada yada. There was a formula sample (wahoo since I don't nurse, I'll need all of those I can get my hands on). But, the best part was the tiny little new born diaper that was in there. Oh my word, my fist is bigger. It got me super excited!


No comments:
Post a Comment