Monday, February 22, 2010

Talk about scary.

We went in for my 14 week appointment today. I can't remember being as scared as I was today. After this past weekend, I was already a little concerned. The nurse got her little machine to hear the babies heart beat. Andrew was over in the corner listening. We didn't hear anything. No one said a word. Andrew doesn't look nervous very often. Today he did. After a few minutes I finally said "am I the only one panicking here?" The nurse said in the most calm voice "don't worry, let's just go to the ultra sound room." I asked her if she is trained to be calm in these situations. She just chuckled a little. I laid down on the table for the ultra sound. My heart was beating. I was trying not to cry. Andrew was looking a little nervous which made me nervous because he's usually the calm optimistic one in the family.
Our little stinker is so far back, and he (I'm convinced it's a boy) was so squirmy it was hard to hear the heart beat. (Awesome, another off the wall energetic child!) Once she saw where the baby was, she jabbed that machine in my stomach so hard to pick up the sound. Fhhheeewww. That was the best sound EVER.
So, the positive of this situation.... We were able to see the baby today. AND, if he continues to hide in my back, it will be a painful pregnancy but we might get to see him more often on the screen!

1 comment:

  1. That is scary. It took a couple minutes to find the heartbeat in my last appointment too.

    ReplyDelete